Friday 20 February 2009

rice cooker recipe

A heads up just in case you read Just Bento but not Just Hungry, you
may be interested in the new post up there, Answering some rice cooker
questions.
I adapted this from a bag of Publix supermarket brand Extra
Long Grain rice. I love it because it has 4 ingredients but has so
much flavor. It's wonderful to use to sop up broth or gravy from
entrees -- posted by saTory.
They should be soft not browned and just
cooked through. Add the cream and heat stirring it in gently around
the meatballs. Simmer until slightly thickened then season and dust
with paprika. Serve over noodles or rice. Serves 4.
Pour half of a can
of coconut milk into the rice cooker and add water until the liquid
reaches the two cup mark. (Or, just substitute coconut milk for half
the water in your favorite rice recipe.)
There are some rice cooker
books in English too, like this one. I can't vouch for any of the
books, but I've tried some of the recipes on All About and they are
rather fun. Q. Do I need a rice cooker at all?
Nasi Kuning (Yellow
Rice cooked in Coconut Milk) I did not exactly follow the recipe
because it called for cooking the rice in a heavy pot on the stove
top. I cook my rice in a rice cooker. So I mixed up: short-grained
brown rice
They should be soft not browned and just cooked through.
Add the cream and heat stirring it in gently around the meatballs.
Simmer until slightly thickened then season and dust with paprika.
Serve over noodles or rice. Serves 4.
They should be soft not browned
and just cooked through. Add the cream and heat stirring it in gently
around the meatballs. Simmer until slightly thickened then season and
dust with paprika. Serve over noodles or rice. Serves 4.
Nasi Kuning
(Yellow Rice cooked in Coconut Milk) I did not exactly follow the
recipe because it called for cooking the rice in a heavy pot on the
stove top. I cook my rice in a rice cooker. So I mixed up:
short-grained brown rice
OK, let me add a recipe. No chopping
involved. Gadgets needed: a microwave and a microwave rice cooker (I
got my plastic marvel at WalMart for six bucks); a freezer; a stove; a
large frying pan; a spatula or wooden spoon.
Deb Murray's recipe. --
posted by Panthur.
Nasi Kuning (Yellow Rice cooked in Coconut Milk) I
did not exactly follow the recipe because it called for cooking the
rice in a heavy pot on the stove top. I cook my rice in a rice cooker.
So I mixed up: short-grained brown rice
Pour half of a can of coconut
milk into the rice cooker and add water until the liquid reaches the
two cup mark. (Or, just substitute coconut milk for half the water in
your favorite rice recipe.)

http://recipes123easy.blogspot.com/2009/02/bourbon-chicken-recipe.html

No comments:

Post a Comment